Monday, May 24, 2010

Eclipse: GLib-WARNING **: g_set_prgname() called multiple times

While coding a few things using SWT on Eclipse, the console was continuously showing me this error:
g_set_prgname() called multiple times
that too in red - meaning a sort of an error.

This is a nagging problem: especially if you are a code purist like me who loves to see no errors/warnings at all in the code I write. I googled a bit, and the Ubuntu Forums provided the solution: downgrade libglib2.0. I'm quoting from there:

Mark the package you want to downgrade, and choose "Force version ..." from "Package" on the main menu. Select the previous version and it is done.

I am using Karmic Koala (yeah I haven't upgraded to the Maverick LTS yet). So all I needed to do was to select the value from the drop down menu to one that did not say "(updates)". Don't worry, there are only two options and you just have to select the other one. After applying, I got that line marked in yellow in Synaptic. But hey... got rid of a nagging warning! :)

1 comment:

  1. Do you need to increase your credit score?
    Do you intend to upgrade your school grade?
    Do you want to hack your cheating spouse Email, whatsapp, Facebook, instagram or any social network?
    Do you need any information concerning any database.
    Do you need to retrieve deleted files?
    Do you need to clear your criminal records or DMV?
    Do you want to remove any site or link from any blog?
    you should contact this hacker, he is reliable and good at the hack jobs..
    contact : cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete