Friday, February 20, 2009

Enabling backspace in gVim on Windows

I found it really annoying for a few days that my backspace key wouldn't work on my gVim on windows, but it would work fine on linux. I found a pretty nice explanation somewhere after googling, but here is the short answer: put this in your _vimrc in C:\Documents and Settings\\_vimrc --
set bs=2

Yeah yeah... we all know, we need twice the bs ;) From the open or current vim session, of course, you type :set bs=2 (i.e. the same thing with a colon before).

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! I've been looking for a nice and simple solution like this for a long time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the first time in my own life, I had forgotten about this and my own tip came handy. Yaay to a successful blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete